Into outer space!
Finally, we get a black ink! Astral is a coal black chameleon ink with gold-blue-green shimmer and a bit of sheen in wet areas. The ink flow is good and it seems quite wet.
It shares quite a few similarities with Solstice from Inkvent 2019, which is a black shimmer ink with sheen and blue-green shimmer. As we can see from the pictures below, Solstice has more sheen than Astral, but the shimmer in Astral is more colorful and sparkling.
To sum up doors 16 to 20:
- Three silver shimmer inks consecutively was a bit of a surprise
- The black halo in Merry & Bright was quite nice
- I really liked the color of Cinnabun, but the feathering is rather impractical
- For the first time, I enjoyed the scent of a scented ink!
- And once again, my favorite is the most “extra” ink, today’s Astral!
Liv Mogstad Strickert is a regular contributor to Pennen er mektigere and will be posting daily ink reviews of Diamine’s Inkvent 2023 in December.